Apr 18, 2013

Preplay : And Yet It Moves


In 2009 indie developer Broken Rules released And Yet It Moves (AYIM), a 2D puzzle platformer with a twist.
I don't know much about the game except that rotating the world is the main mechanic and that it's next on my list.


I bought this game as part of Humble Bundle 4 in 2011. A bundle that also included Super Meat Boy, vvvvvv, Shankbit.trip runner , Cave Story +, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Gratuitous Space Battles, Hammerfight, Jamestown and Nightsky..
I had already played Super Meat Boy and Shank on my Xbox but I liked the idea of being able to play them on my pc as well. Giant Bomb's quicklooks of vvvvvv and bit.trip runner sold those games to me and being able to buy these games and more in a cheap package sealed the deal.

I previously invested 4 minutes in AYIM, which is ridiculously insufficient to pass judgement on a game but that doesn't mean that I didn't though.
I remember having a genuine interest in the game when I installed it but being burned by it after, well, 4 minutes. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way, something that I hope to overcome during my next 4 hours and 56 minutes with the game, but based on my earlier experience I doubt that I will have a good time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons