May 6, 2013

Preplay : Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45


Steam user WhiteGuy gave me a guest pass for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 (ROO4145).
This meant I had 10 days to enjoy this WW2 FPS by Tripwire Interactive.
I was however still finishing up another post for Full Steam Ahead, leaving me only 7 days to hit my five hour mark.


I expect ROO4145 to resemble games as Call of Duty 1 and 2 or the early Medal of Honor games in that I think the action will be slower paced and more methodical than modern shooters.
I suspect it will take some time getting used to this slower kind of gameplay again but I have fond memories of those older shooters so I'm looking forward to my time with ROO4145 and I hope it will invoke some of the same enjoyment.



I would call myself a mediocre FPS player, so I'm curious to see how far into the Single Player I'll get within five hours. I suspect the campaign to be longer than five hours as the focus for most FPS games weren't on multiplayer back in 2006 when this game was released.
I've heard good things about the Red Orchestra multiplayer from a number of friends though and I would love to try it with them.


So overall I'm excited to play this game. Letting go of recent conventions will take some time I'm sure, but I'm hoping that nostalgia will help me bridge that gap. If not, there should at least be some fun to be had in the multiplayer mode and with this game being on Humble Bundle not too long ago I suspect enough people will be playing it to find some quality online matches.

1 comments:

Peter Fourheal said...

Go kill some scum ol' boy

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons